TEGE Exempt Organizations Update
On June 15th, 2018, For Purpose Law Group is excited to host the upcoming TEGE Exempt Organizations Council program “TEGE Exempt Organizations Update,” presented in cooperation with the Greater Washington Society of CPAs. This program will bring together current and former IRS regulators and private practitioners in the legal and accounting fields to discuss the latest statutory, regulatory, and judicial developments impacting tax exempt organizations.
NOTE: This program is live from Washington, D.C. and therefore starts at 7am PDT and continues through to 2pm PDT.
Lawyers and accountants from the nonprofit community are invited to attend the satellite program at For Purpose Law Group’s San Diego office, or in-person at the Washington, DC. office of Caplin Drysdale. If you are outside of San Diego, or Washington, D.C., you can attend the program at a variety of satellite locations listed here. Portions of this program qualify for CLE (pending) and CPE credit.
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Current Topics Include:
- “UBTI Tax Reform Panel” – Meghan Biss (Caplin & Drysdale), Jonathan Carter (Office of the Associate Chief Counsel, IRS) and M. Michelle McCarthy (Senior Attorney (TEGE), IRS Office of Division Counsel)
- “UBTI: A Practical Discussion – Where the Rubber Hits the Road …” – Ray Bunyard (CPA, Vice President, Tax Services, Baylor Scott & White), Panelists TBD
- “EO Technical Update from TEGE Associate Chief Counsel Office” – Amy Giuliano (Office of the Associate Chief Counsel, IRS) and Amber Mackenzie (Office of the Associate Chief Counsel, IRS)
- “Update and Q&A with the Director of Exempt Organizations” – Margaret Von Lienen (Director, Exempt Organizations, IRS)
- “Employee Sharing: The Lay of the Land, and Where You Can Go Wrong” – Timothy G. Verrall (Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.), Panelists TBD
- “Capitol Hill Update” – Alex Reid (Morgan Lewis & Bockius), Gordon Clay (Legislation Counsel, Joint Committee on Taxation) and Victoria Glover, Invited (Ways and Means Committee Republican Staff)
- Lunch Program: “Case Study of Collaboration: After8toEducate” – Hillary Evans (Executive Director, After8toEducate)